Free delivery in Belgium from € 100 or pick up in our shop
Your shopping cart is empty!
This 100% Melnik wine is made exclusively from grapes from the Damyanov vineyard near Melnik, located in south-west Bulgaria. The "old vines" about 60 years old provide a pure expression of the Broad Leaved Melnik variety as a harmonious, complex and balanced wine. Just 30% of it has matured for 12 months in used French oak barrels, providing more structure and complexity, but without excessive oak flavour. To preserve the natural fruity characteristics of the Broad Leaved Melnik variety, the winemaker decided to age the rest (70%) in stainless steel tanks. The blend has been made afterwards.
Our tasting notes:
The wine is characterised by a beautiful ruby red colour with garnet rim. Intense and distinctive fresh aromas of ripe strawberries, raspberries, cherries, perfume, black pepper, cinnamon, toast and mocha. This wine is dry with naturally high acidity, alongside pleasantly delicate fruit and spice on the finish. Medium-bodied to full-bodied, with ripe grainy tannins and good concentration, perfectly balanced with rich flavour and complexity. Just a lovely wine from the rare Melnik variety, has a storage potential of 5 to 8 years.
Best with: lamb, veal, pork, pizza, pasta with tomato sauce, cold meat starters, mature and semi-mature cheeses.
Winemaker: Damyanov family winery
Region: Struma Valley, PGI Thracian Valley
Grape: 100% Melnik (Broad leaved Melnik)
Vines age: +55 years old
Winemaking: cold maceration, temp. controlled inox tanks fermentation. Partelly around 30% in oak barrels aged, 70% in inox tanks. Final blend made before bottling.
Maturity: ready now 2023-2033
0 reviews / Write a review
This wine is a pure expression of Broad leaved Melnik, harmonious and well-balanced. This Melnik win..
€ 11.50 Ex Tax: € 9.50
This wine is a beautifully layered and complex blend, representing the marriage of the unique Bulgar..
€ 14.90 Ex Tax: € 12.31
“Aplauz” serie is top class varietal wines from Villa Melnik. Made from carefully hand-selected grap..
€ 15.50 Ex Tax: € 12.81
Variety: Melnik 55 (crossing of Melnik vine and Cabernet Sauvignon, Valdigue). Type: dry red wi..
€ 10.50 Ex Tax: € 8.68
Tags: Struma valley,
Thracian Valley PGI,